A series of webinar sessions are on-going in an effort to share information about the regional spotted wing drosophila (SWD) situation and research/management progress made so far, and to provide a forum for discussion about gaps in knowledge and next steps toward robust, sustainable solutions for management of this pest.
The third session in the series will take place on:
Thursday, February 9, 2017
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. EST
The focus will be on the situation in small fruits and berries in British Columbia and Ontario with respect to SWD and will include research and monitoring updates from these areas as well as information about insecticide efficacy and resistance.
The webinar session will be delivered through WEBEX. You MUST register to join.
Please follow the steps below to register:
- Go to https://gts-ee.webex.com/gts-ee/mc
- Paste the meeting number “559 459 616” into the meeting number box
- Click on the green “Join” box, you will be redirected to a new page
- Click on the grey “Register” box, and fill in your registration information
- Instructions on how to join the webinar, including a password, will be sent to you prior to the start of the webinar
This webinar series is being provided by the national Spotted-wing Drosophila Technical Working Group (SWD-TWG), a group established in 2012 as the result of a partnership between the Canadian Horticultural Council and Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada’s Pest Management Centre.
For more information, please contact Leslie Farmer, Manager, Pesticide Risk Reduction Program, Pest Management Centre, at email@example.com or 613-694-2438